Sunday, April 20, 2008

Climbing at Stone Hill Montana

Sending, Eat Your Spinach


My friend Marc took this video of me climbing Eat Your Spinach and I did the editing, this was last year around July I think. Genie was belaying. Its pretty good footage for a digital camera, and my first time editing video. I plan on taking a video camera on more climbing trips this summer to document that great places I climb. Definitely more interesting to check out on a blog than just photos. This was a fun climb and invigorating. I skipped a bolt down low opting to use a marginal nut placement instead. My thought at the time was that the bolt was excessive. But, I am not a purist, or ethics monger. I know the climb gets done way more often with the bolt there and I am glad for that. Who wants to have to scrub your favorite climb every year just to hold to some arbitrary standard that only exists in a few climbers minds. So, you have an option solid bolt or iffy nut -- you choose.

No comments: